How do I publish the order confirmation email?
There are a few steps involved in publishing the order confirmation email and disabling the Magento standard order confirmation email in order to prevent overlap between the two (a customer receiving both emails).
1. Make sure your cron is running every minute (and not every 5 minutes which tends to be common).
This way, the order confirmation email will go out at most 1 minute after it was placed.
2. Enable the MageMail order confirmation email in Promotions > MageMail Connector > MageMail Advanced Settings.
3. Create the MageMail order confirmation email trigger:
4. Disable the Magento standard confirmation email in System > Config > Sales Emails > Order
5. See what the latest order ID is, and plug that into the MageMail email trigger filters:
6. Publish the email trigger, after testing:
Remember that the email will have to be manually approved before it goes live, so there may be a period of time after disabling the Magento standard order confirmation email and before the MageMail order confirmation email is approved during which no confirmation emails will go out. After the email trigger is approved, the confirmation emails will go out retroactively.